As the Commissioning Producer for Current Affairs , you will work closely with the Commissioning Producer for Current Affairs and assist him/her while at the same time demonstrating creative and collaborative skills ensuring fresh, original, high quality and high-profile productions, Current Affairs packages, segments, documentaries and segments appropriate to TRT Arabic content . Working closely with Channel Controllers across all platforms, you’ll ensure our programmes are delivered at the highest editorial standard; within time and on budget.
- To be responsible for producing their part of the Commissioning strategy across the
- television portfolio.
- To ensure commissions are based on a sound understanding of cost, quality, delivery date.
- Rights exploitation and funding needs. To ensure that across all channels the sub-genre is.
- Meeting proportionality targets and the Independents quota.
- To consistently deliver fresh, original, high quality, high-profile productions to TRT Arabic.
- To be responsible for ensuring that programmes deliver on time and budget and to an
- editorially high standard. Delivering to realistic budgets, scheduling and monitoring progress on programmes, anticipating problems and taking appropriate action.
- To be aware of and nurture new production talent.
- To be responsible for setting and maintaining editorial standards; to take responsibility for legal and editorial issues.
- To build close contacts with external partners and co-producers, ‘marketing’ a positive image of the channel.
- To take an active interest in strategic issues affecting the department.. This includes looking broadly for solutions to problems and considering the wider implications of specific decisions by acting in a way consistent with the overall interest of the department.
- Sound understanding of the broadcasting industry and output across the channel.
- Excellent track record as a programme maker, ideally at Producer level, displaying strong Journalistic and programme-making skills, and experience of prime-time television production.