We are now hiring for an Executive Producer in Istanbul.
The Executive Producer is in charge of a segment of TRT Arabic's programming. During your timeslot, you will set the course of our news coverage - the stories we report and the way we report them. You will manage a team of producers and work closely with on-air talent, the news desk, creative and studio staff to deliver original and market-leading output. Your mission will be to produce news with panache while ensuring TRT Arabic's editorial guidelines and values are adhered to. A member of the News leadership team, you will embrace the full range of content delivery platforms including online and cultivate cross-platform working practices and ideas wherever possible. We are hiring for multiple roles.
- Works closely with the Director of News playing an active role in the News leadership team, the wider channel strategy and editorial decisions.
- Responsibility for a section of TRT Arabic's news
- Manages a dedicated team of producers and works closely with on-air talent, creative and studio staff to deliver distinctive and original news coverage that fulfils TRT Arabic's ambitions and mission.
- Works with news desk and other output teams to cultivate a collaborative approach to news gathering and delivery across TRT Arabic.
- Ensuring that TRT Arabic's editorial guidelines and values are adhered to.
- May be required to work with presenters and other journalists on location both in Istanbul, within the Middle East region.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Extensive experience in television news at a senior level, including outputting programmes and television news production.
- An excellent journalist with strong editorial judgment.
- Previous experience in a large national or Middle East Region broadcast news channel.
- Experience of newsroom production systems and desktop editing.
- Team management experience.
- Experience of or appreciation of the benefits and difficulties of cross-platform working.
- Evidence of a broad range of journalistic interests including social affairs, Middle East Region politics, public policy, Arabic business and economic affairs, Sciences and the Arts.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience required.
Please make sure you upload your resume with complete experience and education related to this job ad.