The presenter's duties are primarily to present, either individually or as part of a team, a wide variety of news and current affairs material for the screen.
- Presents the channel's news output, either alone or with a colleague, with whatever that entails in terms of reading news items and lead‐ins, conducting live interviews and presenting unscripted coverage of breaking news stories as required.
- Writes or edits material for programme scripts, bulletins and links, exercising editorial judgment, maintaining professional journalistic standards and adhering to station policy and legal and contractual guidelines.
- Undertakes interviewing and reporting duties, under broad direction in both recorded and live situations, in studio or on location.
- Prepares and presents bulletins, which may include assessing incoming copy, sub‐editing news copy and deploying the necessary resources.
- Must have a proven track record in journalism with extensive knowledge of news and current affairs.
- Demonstrated first class news judgment.
- Obvious aptitude for or experience of presentation.
- Must be confident and assured on screen.
- Must have a clear speaking voice and demonstrable confidence in front of the camera.
- Should have the ability and confidence to ad‐lib confidently when required.
- Should have the ability to conduct interviews with a wide‐range of interviews with flair and authority.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience.