Senior News Editors
The Senior News Editor sets the news agenda for the day and aggressively pursues all breaking news stories with the highest editorial judgement. Working closely with the international bureaux and news teams in Istanbul you will ensure that stories are delivered first - both on air and on the website. You will be the key point of contact for programme teams and editors with reporters and newsgathering teams. You will think creatively to deliver content to all platforms as well as ensuring all requirements are met for the teams in the field. You will ensure a collaborative approach to newsgathering and the smooth running of the newsroom.
- Works closely with the Head of Input, playing an active role in leading the news agenda.
- Drives journalism on stories on all platforms - working closely with the bureaux, planning desk and Deputy News Editors to ensure the demands of output are being met.
- Understands the demands of the whole newsgathering team and stays abreast of the editorial priorities and developments of breaking news as well as ensuring the relevance to TRT Arabic audience.
- Ensures the highest standards of quality for the channel's content and >
- Helps plan and co-ordinate the news desk diary.
- May be required to travel internationally to lead teams on large news stories.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Extensive experience in television news at a senior level, including excellent experience of all aspects of television news production.
- An excellent journalist with strong editorial judgment.
- Previous experience in a large national or international broadcast news channel.
- An understanding of the requirements of online and an ability to coordinate teams in generating digital content.
- Accustomed to directing teams working away from base.
- Evidence of a broad range of journalistic interests
- Good knowledge of broadcast technology including satellite, I News and editing systems.
- Impeccable Arabic writing and editing skills.
- Fluency in English highly advantageous.