Digital Senior Editors
We are now hiring for multiple Senior Editors in Istanbul, covering:
- Planning & Special Projects
- Blogs, Opinion & Features
- Politics & Current Affairs
- Human Interest & Social Issues
- Culture & Food
- Digital Shows & Social Lives
- Short Documentaries
The Digital Senior Editor is responsible for leading a team that creates short form video content. The candidate will manage a team of Producers and Editors to drive online video and print coverage across TRT Arabi's digital platforms. The team will produce highly shareable, cutting edge and information packed videos and text. The team will focus on the relevant focus.
The Senior Editor will make crucial editorial decisions; exercise strong editorial judgment; and rule on issues of taste, tone and >
- Run editorial operations for the relevant team.
- Lead editorial meetings.
- Manage relevant operations.
- Edit scripts
- Approve scripts and video for publishing.
- Communicate relevant decisions to management and other departments when required.
- Carry out duties in line with editorial guidelines and ethics of TRT Arabi.
- Substantial relevant practical experience.
- First class news judgment and comprehensive understanding of global events, current affairs and trends.
- Understanding of digital and video journalism.
- Knowledge of video editing.
- Excellent team leadership skills.
- Ability to assess new information and react quickly to editorial developments.
- Excellent communication ability.
- Thorough knowledge of video production techniques and technology.
- Thorough knowledge of digital platforms.
- Ability to work long, flexible hours and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong grasp of newsroom operations and workflow.
- Strong grasp of social media ecosystems.
- Proven relevant experience.
- At least 6 years of experience in editorial roles.
- Impeccable Arabic writing and editing skills.
- Fluency in English highly advantageous.
- A proven track record of success.