Fulfilling a key role at the core of the stations technical facilities will be responsible for the acquisition of live news via Satellite, Fiber Optic Lines (F/O), FTP, 4G and BGAN etc.
Will actively manage the loading of multiple traffic strands on the TRT network (satellite feeds, fiber optic lines, 4G, BGAN etc.) and will ensure the operational stability for the delivery of both program output and (news/program) delivery of media.
Will be a key member of a skilled team in a highly pressurized 24-hour news environment in MCR.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTIBILITIES
- Operation of the core technical facilities for the acquisition of live news via Satellite, Fiber, FTP, 4G and BGAN.
- To clearly communicate with the other production areas to coordinate the flow of incoming news footage.
- Complete understanding of satellite systems and their use for newsgathering including the operation of all receive subsystems (Fixed and motorized downlink antenna systems, LNB, IRDs, L-band Matrix, Spectrum Analyzers etc.).
- Understanding and operation of complex fiber optic networks for use in a broadcast environment, able to quickly identify faults and take immediate preventative action to restore traffic.
- Coordinate effectively with operators in the field to support remote operations via satellite, fiber, FTP, IP.
- Undertakes routine testing, preventative and corrective maintenance of transmission systems and ancillary equipment.
- Provide operational and engineering support to other technical areas within the broadcast center.
- Comprehensive understanding of a live 24-hour news environment.
- An in depth knowledge of broadcast standards including. (SD-SDI, HD-SDI, DVB, DVB-S and S2, DVB-C, DVB-T, AES/EBU, MPEG, PAL 625, NTSC 525, Video File Formats and Compression, Audio Standard, AES/EBU etc.)
- Understanding of IP networks (TCP/IP, FTP, Store and Forward)
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 2 or 4 years University Degree in electronic and communication or related field.
- Equivalent education, experience and/or training will be considered.
- A minimum of five years experience working in television, productions or agencies.
- A minimum of three years experience in a 24-hour news environment.
- Four or more years experience in radio and/or television broadcasting on-air operations, dubbing and quality control.
- A good command of spoken and written English.
- Native or Advanced in Arabic.