The Vision Mixers craft a programme from the director's vision and the producers rundown, responsible for all areas of the production, including live rolling news, outside broadcasts and feature programmes. The Vision Mixer operates a large and complex piece of gallery equipment and has a strong technical understating on the workings of television equipment. The most qualified successful applicant for this job will be invited to head the unit subject to further negotiation.
- Operating a large and complex Vision desk. Cutting between sources as directed or independently if asked to by the director.
- The ability to act calmly under very real pressure to deliver a clean output.
- Using the Vision desk to optimize the output's strengths. Control of inserts to in-vision monitors and a large video wall.
- You may be asked to deputise for the director in their absence.
- Creation of special effects such as multiple boxed pictures, via the vision desk or other machinery.
- Knowledge of how the vision desk works and all television equipment.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- Proven commitment to making innovative television news.
- At least 2 years in a similar capacity at a large channel, gaining a wide experience of vision mixing on a number of different production formats.
- Ability to apply knowledge to a vision mixing product and obtain the highest quality output.
- Ability to maintain a consistent programme >
- Proactive approach, committed to continuous improvement and self-motivated.
- An effective communicator.
- The ability to anticipate and react quickly and to use your initiative in the many situations arising from this type of production.
- In depth knowledge of vision mixing software and equipment
- A good command of spoken and written English.
- Native or Advanced in Arabic.