Senior Planning Producer
We are now hiring for a Senior Planning Producer in Istanbul.
The Senior Planning Producer is a senior member of the team which generates future story ideas and assignments for TRT Arabic. You will have a highly developed knowledge of General international news focused on Middle East Region and along with other planning team colleagues you will generate ideas, maintain forward diaries and develop contacts with relevant organisations and guests. You will also be expected to brief other journalists and organise filming assignments and logistics. At times you may also be expected to act up for the Head of Planning and Assignments and lead editorial meetings.
- Generate research and develop story ideas.
- Be a senior member of the planning team, provide direction and supervision to others.
- Assist in finding case studies, briefing the news editor on logistical issues.
- Prepare and supervise diary entries, gather news information, source guests and filming and online
- Liaise with reporters to help them develop broadcast packages and digital content.
- Book guests.
- Manage relevant permissions and clearances for filming.
- Other newsroom duties in newsgathering or output as required by 24-hour news cycle
- May be required to work on location on big news stories.
- Significant experience of working in the news media industry.
- Extensive existing contacts with news sources.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage workload, set priorities and lead others.
- Self-starting and ability to think laterally.
- Problem solver.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Minimum 7 years of experience.