Technical Directors provide a key job in the gallery, giving support and assistance to the lead director in organising outside sources and other technical duties. The TD is responsible for ensuring that the gallery is technically fit for purpose, for the correct routing of internal and external sources, as well as liaison with the MCR and camera/lighting control. They may also be required to perform vision mixing duties.
KEY SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
- At least two years in a similar capacity within a broadcasting environment
- Experience with gallery operations, in particular the organisation of outside sources
- Thorough knowledge of playout automation and traffic systems and broadcast server technology
- A good command of spoken and written English.
- Native or Advanced in Arabic.